Thursday, March 31, 2005

God Botherers Bother No-one

Originally posted by The Realist

YES! Now shut up you idiots. Just shut up.

What these extremist (arguably terrorist) organisations are arguing is that the show was blasphemous. Well, type in ‘Satan’ on google and behold! Real blasphemy is available to all! 24-7! So is it just the medium that you’re complaining about? With the imminent advent of combination tv/cable/net, that ‘argument’ will soon be eradicated. So then you spew up the argument that you don’t want your licence fee funding this. Ok, well would you have complained if the show had gone out on ITV? Yes – so once again, fuck off. I abhor my licence funding Songs of Praise, but that’s the nature of public service broadcasting.

Now comes the inevitable, whiny ‘ah, but if this was about Mohammed or Buddha…’. Well I’d say fuck them too! Anyone has the right to say anything about faith based belief because as soon as a religious notion becomes beyond criticism, you’re in a very dangerous place indeed. A place I’m going to call Allah-land.

So, shed a tear for the baby Jesus and the death of your movement and I will revel in the fact that I’m allowed to say that I also think Jesus may have been a little bit gay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like that ' Allah-land '. It is not possible to engage in rational discourse with the god(s) people that is why the jesus/masterbation queries are effective. It befuddles them on their level. Speaking of masterbation, did you know that upwards of 95% of all self-abuse goes unreported? xxoo GER