Wednesday, May 18, 2005

‘There are fewer more distressing sights than that of an Englishman in a baseball cap’

Originally posted by The Realist

That’s one of my favourite lyrics from the past couple of years. Pete Doherty is, clearly, a talented guy. I thought the two Libertines albums were good in a Chas n’ Dave meets Blur in the audience at a Jam tribute band gig in Croydon kinda way – nothing spectacular. Better than Kasabian, not as good as The Killers. Just a band. I must confess, however, that I do enjoy the rock and roll circus™ surrounding him. That’s how musicians should be – visceral, fragile, messed up, drug-fuelled and guttural. I’d take one of them over a million Keane-blokes and a world full of christian Athlete-blokes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suppose you're gonna start telling me now that Phil Collins is uncool? It beggars belief.

Anonymous said...

you are an idiot if i mayy say so myself