As a reply to my Leviticus post, my American friend wrote an idiotic response. His reply and my riposte are below.
Well, your freedom to shout your ignorrance from the mountain top is a culmination of all past suffering and evolution. Maybe your parants should condemn all your childhood efforts and use them to destroy you today. Funny, why did you pick Leviticus to torture your ignorrance. Why not the Koran. Hard asses here say the best and brighest of England died in the war. I do not agree even if your case supports that theory.
Will he actually post this? If so he has hope.
Oh dw, I don't know where to start with this. Out of courtesy, I won’t list and deconstruct your abhorrent spelling faux pas as I know that this runs contrary to the spirit of blogging. However, as the Goebbels of the grammar-nazi world, I am entirely unable to overlook their existence.
Partly to avoid boring the other three people who actually read this blog and partly as I’m rushed for time, I’ll list and counter your inaccuracies.
1. My hard fought freedom to shout my ‘iggnoorannnccee’ from the rooftops has a number of roots: ‘All past suffering’ is not one of them. Evolution explains my ability to write, think and to type with my opposable thumbs, however it does not explain my freedom to do so.
2. As a right wing christian (I know you from http://www.rrwr.blogspot.com/) you should surely be aware that there is no such thing as evolution, that the world is 8,000 years old and that all other religions and belief structures should be exterminated in the name of the holy baby Jew child, Jesus Christ.
3. My parents should, indeed, condemn my childhood efforts. Particularly in the following areas: drawing, haircuts and defecation in underwear. The point being that I have moved on from my early ways. I don’t compel my barber to provide a ‘pudding bowl’ haircut when he’s suggesting something ‘a little bit more modern’. To draw a parallel, society has moved on and evolved, so why should we apply past, flawed theories (i.e. Leviticus) to modern day issues?
4. I would have chosen the Koran or any of the major world religions – I hate them all. Some holy-freak was on TV quoting Leviticus as a basis for disallowing gay marriages, so I decided to read it. I just couldn’t believe the shower of holy shit that it was and felt compelled to inform the world. Well, the three readers of this site.
5. Re your WWII comment, the vast majority of those who died were the poorly educated working class soldiers. The brightest (usually the richest/best educated) largely survived as they were given officer roles. Once again, your ignorance astounds me.
6. We never delete comments from the board. What would be the point when we can so easily decimate them?