Thursday, September 07, 2006

The crap that comes through my letter box

I'm off work today with some kind of man virus, trying to stave off cabin fever by blogging and overdosing on news. Where I live, we are fortunate enough to be deluged with all manner of junk mail, usually leaflets for local takeaways, cleaning services or mini cab firms. But something came through the post today that I thought I'd share with you. For the sake of something to do, if nothing else.

It's from a Mr Conde who is, according to his literature, an "African Marabout you can trust". At last! I'm fed up with those untrustworthy marabouts giving the profession a bad name. Clairvoyant, spiritual healer and medium, there seems to be no end to this man's talents. "Call now - He will help you. He will break curses and protect you and destroy the powers of Witchcraft, Black Magic and Bad Luck."

Anyway, I'm going to give him a call and see what he can do for this cold. I've got a bit of a headache too, so maybe there's something he can do for that.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Should it not read: Call Mr Con?

tafka PP said...

I too can think of lots of uses for this gentleman- one always needs a "God Gifted Spiritualist" around the house!

Am a little worried though, about the poor souls who will actually call him.

ph said...

Wish I got such interesting material through my letter box - but I do live in Bromley hardly a centre of diversity, although there were some Poles fighting in the street at the weekend.

Citizen Sane said...

Poles? In Bromley?? Have the authorities been alerted?

Anonymous said...

Bloody immigrants, in the good old days they would have been English yobs fighting in the streets.

Mind you its good to see them adopting English habits.

GB

Citizen Sane said...

Exactly. A great example of cultural integration.

ph said...

There was no integration going on here, they were fighting amongst themselves. Maybe I should have joined in to help with cultural diversity, but as they were shouting in Polish it was difficult to choose sides. See multiculturalsim does not work

Anonymous said...

"Quick Results Guaranteed"